The Unofficial LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Inventor's Guide by David J. Perdue is now available. The book contains:
- An examination of the pieces in the NXT set and the roles they play in construction
- Practical building techniques, like how to build sturdy structures and work with gears
- Programming tips for NXT-G (and a bit about several unofficial NXT programming languages)
- A strategy (called the MINDSTORMS method) for creating your own robots
- Step-by-step instructions for building, programming, and testing six sample robots (all of which can be built using only the parts found in one NXT set).
Additional details can be found at http://www.nxtguide.davidjperdue.com/.